Friday 14 February 2014

Overlooked and under-appreciated, some weed flowers

Soon after my previous post wild flowers three months back, I again accumulated a post worth of new flowers - mostly weeds this time. as before, I was hopeful of identifying them but waiting for that means the list only grows longer. So, here is the post that simply lists out photographs of weed flowers I found beautiful. Apologies for not much text to accompany these shots here.

They were mixed with lots of other types of grasses / weeds on ground. as with almost all flowers here, when they flowered, they flowered in huge numbers.
Weed flowersFlora
I think this are buds of above but now not sure.
Weed flowers
Something similar. in fact, I noticed it was a different kind only while uploading.
Weed flowers
Along with red ones, below were in bloom in good numbers and even as red ones declined, they increased and increases in numbers.
FloraWeed flowersweed flowers
Much smaller than even above, but still capable of giving a good competition by scattering purple dots on grounds due to their numbers.
FloraWeed flowers

These existed in less numbers and saw only once or twice.
FloraFlora
These joined the show somewhat late - or at least I noticed them later. Not only bright red flowers here that was adding to the beauty but leaves also appeared beautiful.
Weed flowers Weed flowers
These are smaller than most of above, mostly seen just outside home. they are small enough that not easy to notice them elsewhere. I even wondered if they were less interested in spreading pollen and more in catching insects. Not that I really expect to see any such rare plant on my doorstep. So far haven't seen any insect visiting it.
FloraFlora
Another white flower, its bigger than all of above. appeared less dramatic compared to previous flower.
Weed flowers Weed flowers
Okay, it appeared less dramatic only till I got this shot. Looks like a brave ant trying to see what's inside this grand entrance.
weed flowers
One more white flower. I wish to take a shot with enough magnification where can see details of individual flower here. should be a tough task though.
Flora
One more..
Weed flowers
and this is the smallest flower yet that I have seen. another doorstep flower.
UntitledUntitled
Okay, I guess world may exist tomorrow too and instead of making this post longer and longer, let me end this here. will cover remaining flowers some other time. Ending with these brightly coloured flowers for which no macro lens is required.
Untitled Flora

No comments:

Post a Comment