Saturday 2 August 2014

Continuing with Monsoon macro

This is more or less continuation of the previous post. I did not manage to spend much time with camera in hand since last post, and even when I did, it was mostly again looking at same subjects as previous post. I have a feeling I am going to repeat same subjects in this post too, but let me resist that temptation while I can.

Saw this spider and watching it for a while, I guess it was either still immature or in a young like playful mood anyway.




Saw this spider few times now - appropriate size to move in and out of Algae world.
If something similar sized looks at it from behind, this is how it appeared - looks like a snake head. isnt it?

Few feet from above spider and what I saw looked like little lumps of gold on a leave just above my eye level. Yes, beautiful sunlight had its contribution to that appearance but these eggs were also quite nice. It was somewhat high for taking shot comfortably still, did manage a shot.



It seemed to me that insects from remaining two eggs might come out soon but when I saw these eggs again after few days, they were still intact.

On another sunny day, saw something was clinging to a grass stem. it appeared like a seed to me but for the seed it was at unlikely place. I look at it and find this. I guess its a leafhopper - though it was bigger than leafhoppers I have seen previously.
and lastly, one more shot of those Springtails I had covered in last post too. I think this is the best possible shot I can manage of them. - below frame is 1/3 crop of a shot taken at max magnification my set-up gives. which is approx 3.65 so the frame below is some 2mm at longer side. and I can see these creatures eyes too!

That's what I have for this mini update. lets see what I find for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment