Saturday 13 December 2014

Another morning with the Orange headed Thrush

Light I was so happy about lasted only a day after previous post and even if fog was expected, I certainly didnt expect it as much as one sees only towards end of December. World suddenly became small and whatever visible, was also mostly seen as outlines. This illustration mode of black headed gull captures how much you could see in that fog. 



Unlike last year, this year they arrived on time. were here by mid Nov I think. This year however, so far I haven't managed to walk up to Ganga and so along with other river birds, haven't taken their photos so far this season.

Fog was too early indeed and didnt manage to last long. Light returned in some two three days with bonus of cleaner air. I returned to watch the Orange headed thrush and as I sat on the ground, knew that I will have nice time. The spot actually belongs to an Indian Robin family. Its their favourite spot to feed when they are around and now they were back. So I guessed there will be some not very friendly interaction with smaller long time owners of territory and new, larger, temporary visitor. Indeed there were signs of dissatisfaction but it was not permanent vs temporary criteria but large vs small that had upper hand. The Thrush ran after Robins on couple of occasions only to push them few feet away for a while, on the other hand Robins expoited their better comfort level with me to feed nearer to me than the Thrush could. All in all it was very enjoyable session of sitting on the ground till of course leg and back muscles raised their voice louder than brain's capacity to ignore them that they were not happy with twisted position to accommodate camera at ground level to track three happy individuals.

A tailor bird too joined briefly.

At far end, there was some movement and see this Francolins checking out who was sitting at other end.

and, some shots of the Orange headed Thrush for whom I was there. they are no different from last time but who says you cant indulge in repeating similar shots on a blog once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment