Wednesday 25 February 2015

First shots this Vasant

Winter here usually comes with few installments of cold spells broken by few sunny days. Not this time. This year it was one single long spell of cold days. It however broke the pattern that was going for almost one and half year now of reality not matching with season. Say, last winter was more like monsoon, Summer had lacked the usual heat and Monsoon the rains. So hopefully this winter being like winter will restore the order. and now, abundant Sunshine has returned and so the colours. Best season for photography starts now and I hope to do better compared to last few months.

I was thinking about not seeing the roller for quite some time and one morning see him. I quickly got home, picked up camera and returned. He however had left by then. Its disappointing that unlike in past, when he or even the pair was seen quite regularly, is seen less and less now. Last time I spent good time watching it was actually nearly three years back. a  shot from archives for now.


I did not find the roller but still it was worth spending some time there - a black hooded Oriole was calling happily and not many things can match the experience of listening to one. While coming back saw this hoope sitting on the ground. I went and sat at some distance. then at somewhat lesser distance and then even lesser. It didnt mind my company even at some 15 feet or so.


Meanwhile, keeping up with the season, my favourite tiny weed flowers are back.
okay, I know it doesnt make a sensible post to repeat all those weed flowers every year no matter how much I like them so rest assured I wont repeat my last February post. I however found one beautiful addition this year that wasnt there before. It should be around 4mm in size.
Insects too have started appearing and first of them to appear everywhere is.. well, what might sound very uninteresting subject to most - a mosquito it is I think. I quite like it for its antennas and one of them was posing for me the other day.

Some colours to end with. Hope to be back with more colours soon..



No comments:

Post a Comment