Wednesday 22 June 2016

કાળિયું કુતરુ, કાણિયું કબુતર and I

કાળિયું કુતરુ (Black dog): A Black dog that one day decided that she will spend most of its time in my front yard, actually sitting as near as main door as possible. However, as its decision didn't go well with me, after long and difficult negotiations, it now sits few feet away in a way that it doesnt come in a way or directly visible standing at the door.

કાણિયું કબુતર (One eyed Pigeon): A Collered dove baby arrived at my home some 5+ weeks back when it was some 11-12 old. It was delivered at home by kids who found him on the gound, injured, broken nest hanging in a tree nearby. It had lost its one eye, had non major looking injury on head but was a strong, solid, happy baby not showing signs of tragedy it had gone through on its behaviour. Its parents too readily fed him for next 4-5 days as I carried him back and forth to where its nest was.

I: yours truly.



First 3 - 4 days: I was really scared of કાળિયું and always tried hiding baby dove from it as I carried it to/from its parents. It was however soon became apparent how clumsy my attempts were and that the dog almost always saw it in my hands.

next 1-2 days: both of us (કાળિયું and me) knew that hiding was ineffective still both were most at ease at pretending it was hidden.

Next few days: I gave up pretending and the dog was in big trouble. it was very scared of the strange situation and would run away at sight of the baby dove - even stopped sitting at his hard negotiated place.

next few days: Now it was dog who started to compromise with the situation. soon, it accepted the baby as one of the family and would even pass by it within few inches. this situation however was still unsatisfactory. I wanted my baby dove to learn to fear dogs. after all, not all dogs will be as good to him as કાળિયું.

few days later: કાણિયું found dog running directly above its head and before it could recover, dog came back and crossed it in reverse direction. કાણિયું appeared to be scared. and I thought correct reactions are in place now.

two days ago, when I was thinking of writing above, as I momentarily dropped my guard, found another female dog and my idiot baby dove sniffing each other in an exercise to getting to know each other leaving me where I started - Absolutely scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment