Thursday 1 March 2018

Back. (Not so sure about forward)

Back to home state. I have relocated many times before and finally, looks like I have learned my lessons. by now I knew the phenomena where you suddenly 'realise' how good the place you just left behind was and where you see how the new place is so highly inadequate on so many fronts. and therefore, even as I was shifting from UP - place that had really tested my confidence to relocate anywhere to 'my own' Gujarat, I knew as soon as I shift, 'back home's' definition will flip and so I was ready this time. So, does it mean I escaped those 'realisations?' of course not, but I could see them with the feeling 'see, I knew this would happen' instead of usual frustration that comes when you take those 'realisations' for real. Even then, had I not decided to keep ranting as low as possible here, I would have gone ahead with a post titled 'Kuchh din to gujaro Gujarat main'.

So, I no longer have as many species around me, none of those hundreds of trees, around most of which I have some or other memory from past few years. and of course there is no Ganga at few mins walk anymore. and yet, as expected, I managed to leave the old place the moment I left it, for, there was no sense of incompleteness about my time there.

While no match for the old home, I am not all that alone at new place either. This neighbour of mine did give me a cautious welcome on day one and our familiarity has increased to comfortable level now.


With such a long time away from this blog, getting back to it feels like making a fresh start, let me see if I manage it in now changed setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment