Sunday 7 July 2013

Every birder's first friend?

I was mostly interested in only birds till very recently before macro subjects were added to the list. but the subject that has most attracted my attention irrespective of there is a camera in my hand or not is neither of these category. Always playful, full of energy and never running out of antics, so very endearing and innocent looking, I tend to believe squirrels could be first and most observed subject of every birder, not just me. so, as I asked myself, how I should start at this new place, answer was quite clear. by sharing some squirrel pictures.

First picture below is a fresh one and others are from archives - some of the moments I enjoyed both watching and capturing.

Its eating Bel fruit and I think enjoyed posing for a shot.





 
Below one is from spring time. Probably I had my tiny contribution in earning this shot. this tree was full of flowers and there was enough for everyone. but a group of rosy starlings were occupying it and not allowing anyone else to settle down for long. I was standing too near to this branch for rosy starlings to come to and this young squirrel probably chose to feed here so she can use me as a shield and enjoy the treat.
Time of Plenty



 
And, one of my old favourite. This baby had been on its own for around a week now and had never shown any sign of being so young in its behaviour, in food finding or managing itself. It was only its size that gave away its age. This is the first time however, when another squirrel was in front, it got jittery and went and stood near this elder, which I assume should be its parent.
Mom, I feel safer near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment