Friday 30 August 2013

Moths and Butterflies

Few days back, suddenly something amazingly beautiful flew past me. I didn't remember seeing any such white butterfly with coloured spots before. As I tracked down the creature, it was a Moth. My Macro lens doesn't give me magnification range to capture this sized subjects in best way so couldn't really capture its beauty, but still, here is a shot.

Heliotrope Moth (Utetheisa pulchelloides)


























While at the Moth, I had seen another very interesting Moth sometime back. It didnt look like a moth at all and I got to know only accidentally that its a moth. This tiny moth is called Plum Moth. It seemed to love Punarnava flowers as I regularly found them there for few days before they disappeared.

Plume Moth (Pterophoridae)



























Plus two commonly seen butterflies below.

Danaid Eggfly (Male)



























Common Silverline (Cigaritis vulcanus)


























 


No comments:

Post a Comment