Friday 16 August 2013

Visiting waters and herons

It had been really a long time that I looked around to photograph birds with all my attention claimed by macro subjects. and even longer that I walked up to Ganga to find some birds. Yesterday however, as I was taking a walk, saw that waters from the river had taken two steps forward and that a small group of herons was sitting at the new edge of water. I walked back home, picked up the camera and went back.

Indian Pond Heron - Non breeding plumage

Indian Pond Heron - Non breeding plumage

Indian Pond Heron - Breeding plumage

Black Crowned Night Heron - Juvenile
I was so happy to see these herons and photograph them even in low light conditions just because they were where they aren't usually found. I would have easily ignored them if had to see at their usual place, just a few hundred meters away. How our minds are designed to notice and focus on unusual and find it interesting if its non threatening.

No comments:

Post a Comment