Monday 14 October 2013

Grey Francolins

One of the most illusive birds for me has been one which is always around. Grey francolin. Their presence is often felt as they scurry away inside dense vegetation or occasionally take off from only few feet away where they were hiding to disappear in no time. Seeing them in open is a rare treat. On those very few occasions that I did see or even photographed them previously were all on ground. Few days before however, they (2 or 3 of them at least) were in mood to make loud calls each morning and I was surprised as once in a while a call appeared to come from a tree. one of those days I got lucky to spot an individual on tree and take a shot from some distance. Soon after that, on seeing me, two individuals decided to fly from the ground to be on a tree that they felt was safe from me and didn’t try to hide/fly away once there as I took shots from below.

Grey Francolin (Francolinus pondicerianus)



No comments:

Post a Comment