Wednesday 30 October 2013

Wild flowers

I had left my monsoon flowers list pending last time so here are remaining flowers. No, not necessarily I covered all monsoon flowers but monsoon is gone and I guess some of the flowers I see now are already indicating that winter is around. 

As I attempted to ID these flowers, I was in a nice surprise. One of my new interests include Ayurved and I had been thinking for sometime that I should try to get to know some plants used in Ayurved. Plant identification however appeared very very difficult to me (specially given my laziness preventing me to learn it systematically.). Now, when I find IDs for my lovely flowers, I see that many of the weeds actually what are used in Ayurved. ok, just knowing flower and not plant would be highly insufficient but its a nice start anyways.

Triumfetta rhomboidea

Vajradanti - Barleria prionitis
Vajradanti

Wild flowers - Monsoon - Bhringraj
Bhringraj

Wild flowers - Monsoon - Tridax procumbens

Ipomea coccinea - Red Morning Glory

Ipomoea nil

coral vine- Antigonon leptopus

Wild flowers - Monsoon

Untitled

Untitled


No comments:

Post a Comment