Thursday 27 March 2014

An adventurous and adamant butterfly

Have you experienced a mood like wanting to do something adventurous (and playful)? You probably can understand the butterfly here well then. I saw an Eggfly butterfly sitting. I wasn't holding a camera or for that matter there wasn't a shot too (it was a very worn out butterfly and sitting in cluttered setting), I anyway stopped and tried to see what kind of shot it would be if I use mobile camera. but before I do much, butterfly noticed me and flew in. yes, it did not fly away, it flew in. wanted to sit on my head, shoulder. I am not totally unfamiliar to butterflies wanting to do that and I make slight backing off movement indicating that I am not a very welcoming perch.

It however flew around me searching for another opportunity to land and even when it did go and sat on some plant, it launched itself in my direction every few seconds. and then, I gave up to its persistence and extended my hand in its direction saying, ok, come and sit. It actually turned midair and sat on my extended hand! I was quite surprised and reacting to my surprise it flew away but came back happily when I extended the offer again. It then sat proudly on my hand as first I stood still like a plant and then moved carefully to adjust orientation of hand to take a photo. after all, it knew it was on a moving animal so it was ok for me to move somewhat. It sat for few minutes, moved around on hand and after what I think it was enough time, we said goodbye to each other.

I feel butterflies have grown more friendly towards me even though I cant actually be sure about it – probably I wasn't spending enough time around them earlier? but that doesn't stop me from wondering if they indeed have become more friendly, what might be the reason? those probable reasons ranges from my movements becoming less hurried and more mindful of nature around, better connection with nature etc. I even thought about things like it wanting minerals from my skin to it being infected with some parasite that wanted to transfer itself on to me. (ok, it neither tried to probe skin and cant bite – but anyways, I didn't claim my guesses were educated or even sensible.)

and probably there was no deeper meaning to it other than that it wanted to spend few moments with someone and I came across. Probably it wanted to ride a human just for sake of doing something unusual?

No matter what was butterfly's reason, I still cant get over how it responded to my extended hand..


No comments:

Post a Comment