Tuesday 22 April 2014

Just another post

No fresh shots or story to share so thought of sharing some unrelated old shots not covered earlier. that way I will be able to keep up with my usual post frequency in this lean period too..

Last year this time, I was only thinking of getting a macro lens and was reading reviews, looking at other's macro shots to understand both what macro world is actually and which lens is good. One subject I came across often (by non macro photographers, but I didn't realise it then) was a fly shot and looking at those photos I had promised myself that I will never take a fly shot if I get macro lens. However, to my surprise, I found that flies come in not so ugly forms too. I am not very confident of telling flies from bees always though.
FlyFlyFlyFlyFlyFly 
Something else that I had found sometime back.

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
I wonder if someday I will be able to witness a snake shedding its skin or at least an insect coming out of its exoskeleton.. till now, best exoskeleton I saw with no hint of emergent insect anywhere was this.
insect exoskeleton


When I had shifted here (to blogger), I had thought most of my posts would be just collection of not necessarily related photos. Now, I find writing this post difficult - for, I don't have any story to tell, its just some random shots and that too unconnected. Anyways, last of the unconnected dots is the tree below, actually its fruits. Haven't managed to find ID of the tree so far.

As I keep saying, I am unfortunately an urban person, who is fortunate enough to be near to nature at present. Now, I do find Babblers to Butterflies and Green Pigeon to spiders to talk to and also manage doing it quite effectively at times, my urban background still gives itself away very easily when it comes to flora. I think someone who has grown up with nature would have developed sense of caution and fear of eating unknown fruits. finding a new fruit, he/she wouldn't think of tasting it right away... but for me, I had to struggle hard to remind myself to be cautious when I saw this fruit. I saw some fruits fallen on ground and noticed the tree. Fruits appeared very attractive but weightless and hollow inside. and they indeed were almost weightless.. but not exactly hollow. they were filled with pink sponge like thing.
I was very tempted to taste one.. and I found one local person passing by who assured me that though people don't eat them, it was ok to eat one if I was curious enough. It was somewhat sour. . not bad actually. Not sure what exactly made me so interested in them but I thoroughly enjoyed finding this new and strange fruit and even taste it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment