Wednesday 14 May 2014

Some Spiders

Ok, I know I am overdoing it, but.. I am starting with same statement one last time. that is, for last two months, my time, and more than that attention was diverted away from nature. On one of such days, I notice an Ant, a big black variety walking on laptop ridge. I wondered what it was doing there - they are found in home but never saw one leaving ground to climb to tables, laptop. Anyhow, I quickly ignored it thinking it must have lost its way and is trying to get back through here. But before I managed to read few lines, ant was walking in reverse direction. It crossed the phone and took the wire route to laptop. It must have measured the center point of screen quite accurately as I watched it taking its position just above laptop camera and standing there. to me, its body language appeared to declare it was reviewing its kingdom standing there - something that didn't go too well with my concept of laptop ownership resting with myself. I think, I must have found an answer myself without any help but just then, the ant fell off the ridge and it dropped - for few inches after which the fall was arrested by a silk thread. So, yes, my apprehension was right. It wasn't any ant but an ant mimicking spider who I cant guess how reached here but surely had accepted it as its new home and was comfortable owning this new world.

For a change, I took a shot with flash on as its measuring phone.

I took the spider outside and left it there. it showed no confusion and walked towards dry leaves.

and.. I was so very excited when I saw an ant mimicking spider for the first time a year ago!

Another spider who lives on outer wall of the home.
Talking of spiders, I have accumulated some spider shots as they were around in amazing numbers. So let me make it a spider shots post then.

Below spiders came up suddenly and then, there were dozens, hundreds and soon thousands of them.

Seen not very frequently are these ones.
I saw below spider and this kind of web for the first time..it looked similar to me to tree trunk spiders but given this one was on a web, it must be different and I am feeling too lazy to find out its (or any) name. P.S. ok, it doesn't look like tree trunk spider - I was too lazy to click and see old shots of tree trunk spider yesterday but today morning did manage to walk to one in real life and see the difference.
Below spiders are always found sleeping. ok yes, I should have checked if they are nocturnal spiders and that's why they are always seen inactive during the day.

and few others..

No comments:

Post a Comment