Sunday 27 March 2016

butterfly eggs

One morning, determined to take a shot and having failed to get at any of the target subjects, I tried to capture one of the most uninteresting and most common butterfly flying. Butterfly landed on a plant and I waited for it to fly again. few seconds, more.. and more. it wouldn't fly. now it started to get puzzling as to why it sat there so long. I pay attention. it was doing something I didn't understand. I take a shot, magnify and understood why it was sitting there for so very long. Here is part of the video I managed to take after this.

in case, like me you too are not fond of playing videos, here is the photo as well. By no means it can be called rare sighting, but I saw a butterfly laying eggs for the first time. and now I also know these most frequently sighted eggs are that of butterfly.


Had a session or two with macro lens too in last few weeks, photographed my own backyard migrant visitor and watched 'you cant miss them if its March' bird i.e. Hornbill. It was eating away my papaya leaves. Also one morning sighted a Redstart - it chose exactly unlit positions in otherwise brightly sunlit frames, but still, it was nice to see it.









and yes, I had a chance to shoot Sun, Moon and a bird in one frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment