Tuesday 17 September 2013

Ant mimicking spiders and Ants

As I already posted on my previous post Spiders, I had seen an ant mimicking spider not much after acquiring macro range. First sighting was simple one in the sense that the spider I saw was mimicking one of the most abundant type of ants around. Few days later however I saw another different looking ant mimicking spider and wondered why it is trying to look like so weird looking ant (I had never seen any such ant whom that spider was apparently mimicking). Soon after, I also found an Ant that looked like the second spider. Or, I should say, ant that spider was mimicking.



In hindsight, I find my reaction 'why is it mimicking so weird ant' appears so unintelligent! If there is someone mimicking an ant, the ant must (most likely) be there and I should have thought, 'I am yet to see kind of ant it mimics'. A good observer sees what is in front of his/her eyes and also what it (probably) implies. Lot of room for improvement in my observations..

No comments:

Post a Comment